Exercise for Fitness at Home Without Equipment
Working out at home is a great way to save money on gym fees, avoid driving halfway across town to exercise, and best of all, you can still get into great shape. Whether you are looking to lose fat or gain muscle, these simple exercises to do at home will get you on the fast track to achieving your fitness goals.
Now this is an exercise you probably remember from high school gym class. Pushups are a great upper body exercise to include in your workout plan. Here’s how to do a push up:
1. Get down on the ground, holding yourself up with your hands and feet. Your hands should be at shoulder level and your feet together, far enough back that your body is completely straight from your head to your heels.
2. Slowly bend your elbows to lower yourself down until you almost touch the ground.
3. Push against the floor to return to the starting position and complete one rep.
Planks are the best abs exercise you can do. Instead of the twisting and turning of more common exercises such as crunches and sit ups that more often than not lead to injury, stabilization exercises really work your core while keeping your body safe. Here’s how to do a plank:
1. Start out the same way you would if you were to do a push up, but lower yourself down to your elbows.
2. Hold your body completely straight from your head to your heels for as long as you can. (It’s sounds easier than it really is!)
Squats are an important movement that everyone should include in their exercise program. Most people think that in order to do squats they must have a barbell loaded up with weights on their back. This is untrue and you can build strong legs by using only your own body weight when you squat. Here’s how to perform an air squat:
1. Stand with your legs shoulder width apart.
2. Bend at the knees and push your butt backwards as though you were sitting down in a chair. Squat all the way down until your hamstrings rest on your calves.
3. Push to extend your legs and return to standing to complete one rep.
You can hold your arms out in front of you during this exercise to maintain your balance.
Lunges is also one of the best exercise at home without equipment, as it work you’re your entire hips and legs. Make sure to stand upright when performing this exercise. This is how you can perform lunges;
1. Begin the lunge by taking a large step forward, keeping your head up and torso erect.
2. Lower your hips and allow your trailing knee to drop to a point just before it touches the floor – never let the knee touch the floor. 3. To return to the start, push off with your forward leg and then step back when the knee is completely straight. Repeat with other leg, 10-15 reps each leg.
8. One-Legged Hamstring Bridges Lie on your back with one leg extended, heel on the ground. Hold the other leg up off the floor. Pushing through your heel, flex your hamstrings to lift your body. Lower and repeat for 8-10 reps. Repeat with other leg. You can control the resistance and the degree to which the gluteus contribute by changing the distance you place your heel relative to your butt.
The Downward-Facing Dog is one of the simplest home exercises for back pain. It is great for stretching the whole body, targeting your lower back muscles. This pose also supports the spine.
Here is how you can perform this exercise;
Begin this pose with your hands and knees, making sure that your hands are slightly in front of your shoulders. With your back pressed, slowly lift your tailbone up towards the ceiling by raising your knees away from the floor. Hold this position for 5-10 breaths and repeat the process five to seven times.
This is a perfect pose to stretch your back and arms. This is a great exercise for those who want to stretch their spine. It is also good for people who use computer most of the time.
This is how you can perform it;
Begin the pose by lying flat on your stomach with your arms at your side yet near your chest and feet firmly together. Try to raise your head and chest as high as you can while maintaining a steady and slow breathing pattern. Support your body with your hands and flex your buttocks to support your back. Hold this pose for about 30 seconds and go back down on the exhale. Go back up on your next inhale and hold the pose again. The Cobra Pose helps your back muscles become stronger and more flexible.
Doing exercises in the home is a great way to get into fit condition. Whether you are wanting to reduce weight or build muscle, these simple exercises to do in your house will get you started on the fast track to achieving your workout goals!
- 5 Best Weight Training Exercises For Stay At Home Women
- 2 Great Cardio Workout At Home For Women: Workouts For Weight Loss